How can hometouch help me?
A fundamental part of your loved one's care is consistencyBeing with the same, trusted carer who knows your loved one like a member of their own family. A favourite meal, what newspaper they read, when to feed the cat, their happiest memories – these are the little things that can make the biggest difference.
A typical day with your hometouch carer
Wake & personal care
Support with waking, washing, dressing and or toileting - always with consideration and respect
Make breakfast, reminders to take medication, drink water and other prompts to help maintain daily wellbeing
Assistance with keeping the body moving and getting fresh air, from a simple stroll down the road to prescribed activities
Make lunch together (if possible) allowing for participation, inclusion, bonding and mental stimulation
Some gentle muscle strengthening, a cup of tea and a light afternoon nap. If appropriate, the carer may take a short break.
Light house work
Prepare for dinner, meal planning, grocery shopping Help with chores such as ironing and laundry
Bed time routine
Personal care before bed, a hot cocoa, reading or listening to the radio. Lighting adjusted to assist circadian rhythm
Night care starts
Assistance with getting into bed and toileting. Help with night time WC visits if needed
- Tell us about your care needs
- Schedule a free consultation or home visit
- Review daily/weekly schedules, contracts and billing information
- Access the carer Library, care plan and care journal
- Comprehensive checklist for all your loved one’s needs
- Quick to complete in less than 10 minutes
- Covers everything from medication and mobility to cognition and interests
- Assessed and completed by our in house nursing team (Assist model only)
- Simple to print off and take to appointments
We work hard to ensure your carer is entirely suited to your loved one’s circumstances and personality
- Choose the perfect carer from the UK’s largest library of live in carers
- Each carer has a unique profile detailing skills, biography, interests and previous client reviews
- All carers have passed our 46 point vetting process
- We meet all our carers face to face; less than 5% of applicants are accepted
- All our carers are fluent in English
- Every carer fills in a report with each visit
- Created with our carers so they can easily record activities, without being distracted from the task at hand
- Visible to you anytime, whether you live next door or the other side of the world
- Safety features including flagging any concerns to our in house clinical team
- Review historical logs yourself to see whether any changes in behaviour or mental state
What makes our Carers special?
We believe our carers are modern day heroes. They are compassionate, dedicated and giving, chosen for their abilities to make a real difference in the world.
Ultimately, at hometouch our carers need to pass the most important test of all- would we wish for them to care for our own family? Only if the answer is yes will they become a hometouch carer.
We work hard to ensure your carer is entirely suited to your loved one’s circumstances and personality.
We also know that conversation is fundamental to caring, which is why all our carers are fluent in English and have a warm, friendly personality. Sometimes just a sweet cup of tea and a good chat can make all the difference.