hometouch’s Top 18 Gifts for your Elderly Mother for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is Sunday 11th March this year so just around the corner! We know that you’ll want to spoil your mum or grandma but might not know where to start, especially if they are elderly or need that extra bit of care and attention.
Remember, the thought does count, but don’t bore her with the same presents you get every year. You don’t have to break the bank to get something that will stand out. Our suggestions start from as little as £3.25 and we also have some discount codes to help you out.
As a number of our clients here at HomeTouch have a form of dementia we have included a few of our favourite “dementia friendly” gifts that would go down well.
As well as gifts make sure you spoil her by doing things like having her put her feet up while you cook her dinner or playing her favourite music, she’ll really appreciate it!
- Neom ‘Scent to de-stress’ collection £110 Allow Mum to pamper herself in the privacy of her own home using a blend of 24 essential oils to aid relaxation. The shower drops are a real daily luxury!
- Bloom & Wild flower subscription from £60 (use code “15hometouch” for a 15% discount) Remind her how special she is every month with Bloom and Wild’s flower subscription. Fresh blooms delivered straight to the door allow for a creative and relaxing afternoon of flower arranging.
- Mahabis classic Slippers £79 Modern, lightweight wool slippers with slip-on outdoor soles allow mum to cruise from patio to sitting room without pause.
- 2-in-1 Calendar & Day Clock in Black from Unforgettable (use the discount code “TOUCHMAR10” for a 10% discount). Remember the special days with this memory aid calendar clock.
- Rococo ‘Cat that got the cream’ selection £18.95 Indulge her sweet tooth with handmade chocolate ganaches with delicious fruit centres
- Silver May ‘Acorn and leaf’ necklace £180 This sweet dual pendant necklace is inspired by nature to keep near your heart.
- Anthropologie ‘Julie printed silk scarf’ £80 Lightweight silk with an abstract tiger motif, charming with a crisp white shirt.
- Aquapaint™ “In The Garden” £14.99 from Active Minds. Give your elderly loved one the gift of fulfilment with this smart painting set, specifically designed for those with Dementia.
- T2 Dazed and Dazzled teapot £54 Upgrade afternoon tea with this exotic fine bone China teapot
- Jo Malone ‘English Mint & Ginger’ lip care £20 Repairing and softening abilities make this lip salve a worthwhile investment.
- Oliver Bonas ‘Pots of love’ card £3.25 Put pen to paper and tell her how much you love her!
- The White Company ‘Spring ‘ Candle £20 With notes of Honeysuckle, Rose and Jasmine this spring scented candle will banish thoughts of cold winter nights.
- H&M ‘100% cotton Pyjamas £19.99 Classic, lightweight and 100% cotton.
- M&S Floral wrap dressing gown £25 Perfect attire for a relaxing morning at home.
- S’well water bottle from Amara £35 Keeps drinks chilled for up to 24hrs. Perfect for the handbag or the glovebox.
- Biscuiteers ‘Mother’s day bouquet luxe biscuit box’ £45 Impress her friends over coffee with this handmade floral biscuit box. Each hand-iced with a specific flower design, presented in a delightful tin.
- Fornasetti Profumi £240 from Harrods Combining design and fragrance this premium scented candle is presented in a beautiful, large ceramic pot, inspired by the hydrangeas the fill the Fornasetti gardens in Milan.